When disputes arise our business clients can get professional assistance of J&L´s qualified lawyers and advocates with considerable experience in resolving disputes. Such disputes can arise in the corporate and commercial sectors between legal entities in connection with diverse business activities (debt collection, rescission of contracts, termination of contracts, etc.), labor disputes between employees and employers as well as disputes between legal entities and state regulatory authorities (appeal of tax assessment notices, decisions of customs authorities on determination of customs commodity cost, decisions of social funds on back taxes or nonobservance of legal regulations, decisions of regulatory authorities regarding bringing of legal persons to responsibility for violation of the legislation in the spheres subject to licensing or obtaining permits, etc.).
• Pre-trial settlement of disputes;
• Analysis of the grounds and the subject of the dispute, an opinion on the prospects of litigation;
• Preparation and submission of claims, petitions of appeal and cassation and other procedural documents;
• Representing clients in courts of all instances and forms of justice (courts of general jurisdiction);
• Representing clients in state executive service;
• Obtaining a court decision;
• Representation in arbitration courts.
Our team of lawyers and advocates has extensive experience representing international and domestic clients on individual or collective claims in Ukraine and abroad. On behalf of our clients we have successfully negotiated arbitration and out-of-court settlements and have prevailed in court.
The company is also active in promoting and practising alternative dispute resolution schemes, in particular mediation.